11.01.2010

Things I make, letterpress!

Oh hello lead type, hand mixed red ink and free-bin white paper.
Or.... Lead type, copper ruling, hand mixed red and blue ink and expensive paper.
Or.... Lead type, copper ruling, hand mixed red and blue ink and free-bin white paper.
And these were the personalized recipe card birthday presents I made for Margo and Chena, except these are for my mom. Switch the name out and changed the ink color a little and ta-da! I can't wait to make some for myself! I'm thinking blue ink, like on the lined paper.

Speaking of the lined paper, why would one made such a thing? Because I can! I love the idea of hand making something that has such an iconic "cheap" look. Because people, letterpress takes time and patients. Two things I seem to never have enough of.

I spent from 11am-8pm in the letterpress lab last Friday(I did take a lunch), and I wasnt bored once. Once I'm on the press I dont want to stop. Mainly because stopping means cleaning and cleaning rubber based ink off a vandercook is no fun.

I hope to share more of what I have made soon!

1 comment:

Holly Knitlightly said...

That's awesome! I wish I could do letterpress.