12.07.2010

Let me introduce







My Dad.
His names Douglas, we prefer to all him papa.
He has tattoos.
He hasnt had a haircut since my parents wedding 25 years ago.
He likes all things manly, harleys, bbq, power tools, building things.
He's also amazing at gardening and growing flowers.
He's my favorite sushi buddy because he's so adventurous.
He used to take my brothers and I fishing.
In elementary school he took me out in the VW van to do cookies in a snow filled parking lot.
He cried when he watched the movies Up and Jack.
He passed down his real long tongue to me.
He's always there to tell me that boy wasnt good enough for me, during breaks ups.
He was in FFA, first place in bunnies.
His love and knowledge of music is inspiring.
He dances a crazy hippie dance.
He loves my mom and us kids unconditionally.
He volunteers his time to help others, often.
He's always willing to get you out of a sticky situation.
His stories are more like rambles that always end with lewis and clark.
He's super hilarious.
He loves holding babies and wrestling kids.
He'll be an amazing grandpapa one day.
He gave me permission to play the lime and the coconut at his funeral(i really need to record him singing it).

Papa I love you.

3 comments:

Jami Nato said...

you have the longest tongue ever! random thought.

rachael said...

oddly, i cannot touch it to my nose! darn turned up nose!

Holly Knitlightly said...

Aw, this is such a sweet post!!