12.29.2010

things i like today, sunshine

(oh Polaroid 669 film, I miss you too)

I miss summer. Did I have a summer? I mean, I must have. Its now winter. WINTER. When the hell did winter start?! Maybe its seasonal depression or the lack of the warmth a good emotional and physical relationship gives you but I miss sunshine coming through my open windows, walking downtown to the beat of my own drum, taking a book to the farmers market, watching children ride their bikes at the water front, gelato. September/October 2009 I was in my own world. I did what I wanted when I wanted. Life changing events took place, for the better and worse.

I remember all spring wanting that familiar life of sunshine in Portland, sweet sticky skin, dresses and friends. Romance. I used to have romance in my life. Now, right now, I have a cold breakfast burrito and a half gone cup of coffee. And so my mind wanders. If i cant see outside, I imagine its July, the sun is too bright to keep the blinds open, beach blown hair, hot hand rails. Happiness for 3 seconds.

3 comments:

Jami Nato said...

funny...

Kayla said...

It'll come darlin, I promise.

rachael said...

Kayla I am holding you to that!