6.18.2011

Happy Fathers Day, Papa



Let me tell you a little something about my dad. He volunteers. That really says a lot about his character. He takes time out of his day to help other less fortunate than him. The above shots are him volunteering for Rebuilding America, my dads work donates $20k to a house that needs a lot of fixing up for someone who is unable to do so due to disabilities, etc. I want to say this is my parents second time doing this, but it might be their third.

Dad doesn't just volunteer in legit organizations but in his every day as well. Anything from his service in the US Army to being my little brothers soccer coach. He is always willing to help people out, be a helpful hand. He helps people move, yeah, he's that nice. He's taken in neighborhood kids who were less fortunate, he's always been a father figure to far more than his three children. He's the fun uncle, he's the fun family friend and he adores kids more than anything. If I was competing to win the favorite child award, I'd simply have a baby. And dad would volunteer all his extra time from his normal volunteering to babysit. (I'll wait until I'm married dad.)

I love you dad, I don't know what I would do without you!

4 comments:

paperpocket said...

Your papa sounds like an awesome person :D

Kayla said...

Dads are the best! Your dad sounds like a sweetie.

rachael said...

Aww thanks girls! I think I'll keep him :)

Anonymous said...

your dad is awesome, I know cause I have been married to him for 26 years. Love you Rach, mom