8.01.2011

Bloggin in Real Life

Are they not the cutest mother daughter duo ever?!?

I blog. Obviously. You probably blog too. Or maybe you don't. I don't know. But what I do know is bloggers are good people. Most of us. The ones I associate with. We help each other out when we don't know how to do something. We share recipes and experiences and words of wisdom. Ok... you're right... my words usually aren't wise, but ya can't win 'em all. I've always gotten such great responses from the people I contact in the blogging world and sometimes people contact me.

"You don't know me, but I've been a fan of your blog for a while now. That is something, considering that I only read 2 blogs with any kind of regularity, otherwise just skip around getting craft/book/recipe/decorating inspiration... ...I got hooked on your blog for one main reason, and that was your charming story about giving your dad the nose ring for Father's Day. Ever since then, you and I have been like this (I'm crossing my fingers.) Yeah, that sounds a little creepy...that's what's so weird about blogs, they make you feel as if you actually know the blogger, kind of like the Oprah effect. (Don't worry, I promise I'm normal: 50, married, 2 grown kids & a dog, librarian, writer, bridge player, gardener, baker, beer lover.)"

Kim, I hope you don't mind that I shared that. You're email was so real, and I really liked that about you.

It was really sweet of you to think of me when your youngest daughter was moving to my town. I was so happy to do what little I did to make the move easier. I wish I could have done more.
Kelly will be just fine, I bet you already know this, but she seemed to have a good head on her shoulders! I look forward to hanging out with her more!

So to clue in the rest of the readers on here... Kim and her daughter are in Portland now. We met up this evening for some dinner and drinks and talked about everything from school to hamsters. What? You think there's nothing to be sad about hamsters? You're wrong.
These women were so down to Earth, so friendly and so easy to talk to. I had a great time hanging out with them. It was so much fun to meet someone who reads this silly old blog and knows so much about me through it, It wasn't creepy at all. It was genuine.

So here to meeting more of my bloggin friends! Kayla... You and me girl. You and me. You're next. So we can pictures of you looking super hot and me looking bug eyed because my contacts were dry. Just like above... I know... you can't wait!

So join Kim and myself and email your favorite blogger! You never know... You might be having dinner with them someday!