8.15.2011

I need a weekend from my weekend

My cousin Amy graduated college this last month. Refusing to throw a graduation party (because it took her longer than 4 years) I asked her to come down to Portland and celebrate.


Amy at her first sushi train.

We shopped, we ate, we bar hopped, we giggled the night away. We had a blast downtown Portland and I did my best to show Amy how easy it is to travel to different parts of town to get to bars and restaurants.

Before heading to the east side, we stopped in at the bar below my building where I told the bartender to pay close attention to my address and we got free shots... that tasted like orange tic tacs... Orange tic tacs don't taste good... why on earth would someone make a shot out of that??? Maybe if we were 21 knew no better, that would have tasted good. But we are sophisticated women in our mid twenties and we have far finer taste... like chili cheese fries from at food cart at 1am. So phis ticated lemmetellyou.

I dont think we could have squeezed anymore into our 36 hours together and I look forward to doing it again next time she's down.


And hats off to Mr Jones who carried me to the car at the end of the night, hosted two drunk girls at his house and drove Amy back to grandma's at 9am the next day. I don't know if you know... but... he's the best.